– I’m Jeremy Repanich,and I gotta hot date.
– I’m Patrick Cappiello,and I know he’s lying.
– So we’re here at Vintry Wines in New York City.
I talked to a lot of other guys.
They want to buy a bottle of wine for them and their significant other.
They wanna seem like they’re with it and they know what they’re doing.
What can you do to make a wine to like, impress the woman that you’re with?
– If you’re aware of kindof what’s happening in the wine scene, just even a little bit and kinda how things are changing. You know, wine’s becoming cooler to drink. And within the realm of the fact that wine is cool to drink, there are regions that are really cool, super cool, like, even like hip regions. If you really wanna have agood conversation starter…
– [Jeremy] And a good date, okay.
– [Patrick] And a good date is to drink something like from the Jura, which is a little area in France right on the border of Switzerland.
It’s kind of the Mecca for geekier wines.
Some of them are a little bit funky and a little crazy.
They’re on the tip of a lot of people’s tongues who are interested in wine.
So it’ll really make it look like you know what you’re talking about.
Like, this is the hip region if you’re into wine from right now baby.
Tissot, one of the classic producers in this area.
This is made from a grape called savagnin which is one of the two really favored white grapes in the region.
So I think expanding into something like this, there’s a story that’s cool because it’s a winery that’s been there for a very long time and they made the wines in this very particular style for this entire time.
– So what food am I serving with this?
– Well, there’s a couple of things.
I mean, there’s a cheese that’s made in the Jura called Comte which is one of my all-time favorite cheeses.
So like, Comte and white wine from the Jura it’s like, it’s an awesome pair. You can even have it with things like chicken or even like seafood. I don’t know how adventurous of a cook you are, but, you know, there’s opportunity for–
– Oh, no, I’m not too bad.
– All right, all right.
– Not too bad.
– So go to the Jura, it’s gonna give you a little bit of a story to tell. It’s gonna give you a kind of a unique wine that maybe she hasn’t tried before. And it’s gonna make you look smart and interesting so it’s gonna be a total duping.
– Yes. All of those.